Friday, September 4, 2015

Recipe Review - Bacon, Pepper Jack and Jalapeno Scones


Our garden this year has yielded a wonderful crop of Jalapeno peppers so I've been on a hunt for recipes to use these spicy little gems.

I've tried scone recipes in the past and have never had the best of luck with them. I'm sure I'm the problem and not the one who created the recipe. These scones look so lovely that I knew I had to try my hands at scones at least one more time. Well, let me tell you . . . they are AMAZING!!!

Mine did not rise as much as is shown in the picture but I have a feeling that my baking powder might be a little on the older side and that is the reason. Because we like a little more spice and heat in our food, I did add an extra jalapeno to the recipe.

I surprised my husband with these for breakfast Wednesday morning with eggs, bacon on the side and hot coffee. He loved these scones almost as much as I did :-) They are flaky and full of flavor. I had to hold myself back because I could have eaten a whole lot more than the one I had. I made sure that as soon as they were cooled, I placed them in a freezer bag and are now in the freezer waiting for another day. I'm not sure how well they will freeze and reheat but I'm willing to try them very soon!!!

If you would like to try the recipe for yourself, click on the picture above. Ashley of Baker By Nature has a wonderful blog and you can find her recipe there.

Thanks for stopping by today!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, they sure look good! I love anything spicy so I'll have to try these! Thanks for sharing!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky