Monday, July 4, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

The most important thing in my life is my family!!! Especially now as a grandmother I realize that more and more. As I was raising my children there were so many responsibilities, or so it seemed, that were so important I had no time to enjoy my children as much as I should have. Now that I have grandchildren, I realize now that my children were my ultimate responsibility; not dishes, laundry, cleaning, friends that come and go or anything else that could have taken a back burner!!!

Grandpa and I took the grandkids to the zoo the other day. Just look at these precious faces!!!


How can anything take priority over the children? Such joy!

The older I get, the more the following speaks to me:

One Hundred Years from now (excerpt from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft)
One Hundred Years from now
It will not matter
what kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
how much money was in my bank account
nor what my clothes looked like.
But the world may be a better place because
I was important in the life of a child.

Take time today to enjoy the gift of your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren!!! The dishes can wait. The job doesn't matter when you open your front door. Friends we think we'll have for a lifetime will probably no longer be around. The laundry and the dust never stops accumulating so what's another day?!? Time is short and each day is precious. You can never get back yesterday but you can make a memory that will last a lifetime. Take advantage of every moment God has given you in the gifts He has given you in your children.





These children, my grandchildren, are my heartbeat. In the words of my father-in-law, "they make my heart go pitter, patter"! 

4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Precious, precious children and memories...such wise words. You are blessed - and more so because you know it! Wishing you a wonderful holiday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Kristine Mullen said...

Very wise words! Thank you for the reminder. Glad you had a great time.

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing ! Looks like everyone had lots of fun! and the words of wisdom touching and priceless!happy 4th ! hugs lil raggedy angie

Kathy said...

Beautiful post Lucy.. and so true.. grandchildren sure change your life.. and your priorities..lol