Sunday, August 7, 2016

Thy Word is Truth - Joshua 24:15


Twenty years or so ago, my husband, my two daughters and I were baptized. Our testimonies of how God called each one of us to accept Jesus as our personal Savior are all unique and were at different times. Yet, He chose to have us baptized together as a family...what a blessing!

Each one of us shared our testimony with the church prior to the pastor submerging us in the Baptistry. While I don't remember verbatim each one, what I do remember very clearly is my husband ending his with Joshua 24:15, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". We have even had the joy of seeing our  11 year old granddaughter declare her faith and follow the Lord in baptism a couple of months ago!

We haven't served the Lord perfectly by any means...we are still growing in our faith and in our walk with Him.

Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? John 3:16, John 3:36, Romans 10:9-11


No comments: