Sunday, August 21, 2016

Thy Word is Truth - Proverbs 3:5


Proverbs 3:5 tells us to trust in the Lord with all our heart and do not lean on our own understanding,

But it shouldn't just stop there...Proverbs 3:6 goes on to say, "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Another way to say this would be that He will direct your path.

We I tend to think I know exactly what is best and right for me. I am an adult after all and have life experiences, desires, dreams, etc., right? While that is all true, if I am not trusting the Lord with my life and just living according to my own understanding, my life path is going to take twists and turns that may veer me away from Him.

It is only as I hand over my life in complete trust and as I acknowledge Him as my Lord, my path will be directed in the perfect way it was intended. I may not always understand what or where God has me going, but I trust Him to get me there!

Who are you trusting in today?


No comments: