Monday, February 8, 2016

A Product Review - Sunstruck Wood Needle Set: UPDATE


UPDATE: While I absolutely love my wood knitting needles, I'm not very fond of this. Working a pattern in size 5, the needle broke. Was glad I had the size needed in my metal circular size 5!


I recently purchased an interchangeable knitting needle set from Knit Picks. Rather than purchasing individual cable needles, I thought that this might be a better way to go. It would save on precious space as well as reduce the cost.

I've been working with them for the past few days and I must say they are great!!! The wood needles glide beautifully through the yarn with no snags or pulls at the attachment joint.

Included in the package that I purchased (there are others available) are sizes US 4 - US 11, 4 cables - 2 each of 24 & 32" length, 8 end caps and 2 cable keys. All come nicely packaged in a clear vinyl pouch to keep everything nice, neat and in order.


Each needle has the size stamped on the end. This is helpful to me since I'm never quite confident when it comes to using the sizing tools.


The little metal key gives a little more leverage when it comes to tightening down the connection between the needles and the cable. Take a minute to watch the video below to see how it is done.





To purchase your own set of Interchangeable Needle Sets, click on any of the photos above. This will take you to Knit Picks main site. Have fun looking around. 

I've also purchased quite a bit of yarn from them. Their prices are reasonable and the quality is amazing.

PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a paid endorsement. The views and opinions are my own. I just wanted to share with you what I feel comfortable endorsing, not only the product but the company in general.

No comments: