Friday, July 20, 2018

Has It Really Been...



...over a year since my last post? So much has happened over the past year. I lost my mom to cancer, my daughter went to Iraq with Samaritan's Purse and then I lost my mind! Well, I didn't literally lose my mind!

Because of the stress that I had been experiencing, it was thought that I had had a slight stroke. I couldn't remember the day, even though my husband kept repeating it over and over again. I couldn't understand why we weren't in church (it happened on a Sunday), even though my husband kept repeating it over and over again. I couldn't remember that my daughter was in Iraq. I thought she joined the Army. (I lost it over that.) I did, however, remember that my mom had just passed. My husband was very thankful that he didn't have to tell me she was gone. Turns out, I was diagnosed with Global Transient Amnesia. Who would have thought there was even such a thing? The chances of it happening again (according to the docs) is slim to none. Lasted only a few hours but was hospitalized until they ruled out stroke, etc.

Things have also been crazy busy (not that they aren't now) and it's time to come back to spending time with you. I've missed you!!!

No comments: