Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Finally Finished!


I must say that I am pleased with how my banner finished. (Sorry for the flash in the TV!) I took a piece of osnaburg fabric and hand traced the words Sweet Land of Liberty which I then painted black. My husband hung it for me over our fireplace this past Saturday.
We not only hung the banner but my youngest daughter, who was home visiting from North Carolina to spend time with us for my birthday, helped decorate some of the house and the Christmas tree. So many of the ornaments are hand made from others and each one has a story of its own. Pictures never do things justice over seeing them in person. I love the way the lights twinkle through the (what I consider) old fashioned tinsel. The angel on the top was made by my oldest daughter (who is now 28) when she was in home economics in school. Just love to put her up every year!

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Love the banner! Your tree is fantastic with all the handmade ornaments and the lovely angel on top. :) Blessings, Tammy

Alana Jo said...

Great job on the banner.

Me said...

Beautiful~~ Banner and tree~~

Merry Christmas

Nik