Saturday, December 26, 2009

Very thankful...

...for some time off! Christmas Eve was wonderful. I love cooking and baking and entertaining. There's always too much food but we love leftovers!!! Had my family here for dinner and gift exchanging. My granddaughter is 4 1/2 and is a joy to be with. We gave her a play kitchen this year. My husband made a treasure map for her to "find" her gift. She is such a sport. The look on her face when she "found" her treasure was priceless. She immediately started cooking. Too funny though, after having cooked for a while, she told her daddy that he needed to do the dishes because she was tired from all her cooking :) My 6 mos old grandson had no idea what was going on and lazily fell asleep in his mommy's arms. Makes me think about Jesus as a baby sleeping in His mother's arms. Praise God that He chose to come to this earth as a baby in a manger in order to minister here as a man and then go to the cross as our Redeemer. O holy night!!!


I was busy Christmas Day "building snowmen" for orders that needed to be filled. Very relaxing. I love my needles and thread! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't create with my hands. If you would like more info on the Prim Snowman Angel, go to http://www.farmersattic.com/.

2 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

very cute little guy

blessings

barbara jean

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Young children certainly make the season so much brighter. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with family. Your prim snowangel is adorable! I certainly don't know what people do when they don't create! Wishing you a day of blessings, :) Tammy