Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Grilled Chicken Florentine Pasta

(Image from Cooking Light)

Fast, easy summer meal that tastes great!!! We have so much kale in our garden, I decided to substitute kale for the spinach called for in the recipe and it was delish! Rather than simply adding the kale to the sauce as suggested in the recipe, I chopped it and sauteed it for a few minutes in a separate pan with just a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper.

My preference is boneless breast of chicken instead of bone-in. I sliced the breast horizontally into thinner pieces, salted and peppered both sides and cooked in the grill pan for a few minutes on each side until cooked through. Tender, moist and full of flavor. I also didn't add the chicken to the sauce but served it on the side. Either way, it is definitely worth the try.

Serve with a side salad. The best part - only 404 calories!

For the complete recipe, simply click on the photo above.


No comments: