Sunday, July 24, 2016

Thy Word is Truth - 2 Corinthians 3:17


I used to think that being a Christian meant giving up living...almost as if I would be confined to a life of no family, friends, fun, joy, laughter, etc. I thought that I would be required to leave everything behind, go off to some foreign place and spend every day miserable. I was so wrong.

When I accepted Jesus as my Savior, my life became a life of freedom. Freedom to love, freedom to choose, freedom to truly live a life of meaning and purpose.

Now I'm not saying that life is always easy, never having conflict, worry, fear, grief, etc. We live in a fallen world and will experience all that goes along with that. The difference is, I don't have to figure it out myself. I have the freedom to leave it in the hands of Jesus and let Him take care of what is needed.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit. And where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." ~ 2 Corinthians 3:17


No comments: