Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Simple Chicken Salad


I love Chicken Salad but sometimes find that I'm in a pinch for time when it comes to cooking the chicken and giving it some time to cool. What I try to do is broil a couple of chicken breasts ahead of time so I have enough on hand for a few days. I also find that broiling the chicken makes the juiciest and most tender of all the cooking processes.

Here's what I do:

Ingredients:

Skinless, boneless chicken breast
Salt
Pepper
Spices

Preheat broiler. Clean and trim the chicken breasts. Place into rimmed baking sheet or pan. To one side of chicken, sprinkle salt, pepper and your favorite spices. I use garlic powder, oregano and paprika but feel free to use whatever you like.


Place under broiler for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from broiler. Turn breasts over and repeat the salt, pepper and spices. Place back under broiler for another 10 minutes. Check for doneness. Return to broiler another few minutes, if needed.



Allow to cool. Slice thinly and add to your favorite garden salad. Drizzle with your favorite dressing.

Easy, peasy...right?

No comments: